Evansville Water: The Movie: Part 1

Audio/Video Evansville Schools Meetings

Seek the High Ground

The Book of Minutes

Search This Blog

Wisconsin Wit

Thursday, September 01, 2005

The Best of the Evansville Observer 2005: Volume I: The Battle of Ideas

Prologue:


........." But I believe the war on terror will not be won by the army. It will be won by the force of ideas. And one of the original points of the original post was that the blue states seem to be a little more comfortable with ideas....The US military can and has made us a great power, but it can never make us a great people.

"wxman,"



Dedication:

I have compiled this sample of The Evansville Observer, Volume I, The Battle of Ideas, not because this battle has been finished, but rather because I think it important to remember how it began. It began with citizens and city officials being willing to debate public issues openly. What progress has been made I will leave others to decide. However, the determination of citizens to participate in their government is quite clear. I am grateful to those bloggers, city officials, and yes even anonymous observers who have logged on the The Observer to see what Evansville is talking about.

I am grateful to my editor, spouse, and patron, "Yodamom", whose advice has been key to this work. I also am grateful to my mother-in-law Alyce who printed out the blog each day to read to her husband as a night time treat. Now that is support. Thanks, Alyce.

Volume II of The Best of the Evansville Observer 2005 is titled, "A Woulfe's Tale" and features the stories.


Richard Woulfe
Evansville Observer
November 2005
Evansville, Wi. 53536