Evansville Water: The Movie: Part 1

Audio/Video Evansville Schools Meetings

Seek the High Ground

The Book of Minutes

Search This Blog

Wisconsin Wit

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Car Care and Cardiology

-

Update----

Yesterday, I had to take the green Mazda in to see if
I could get the air bag sensor light to stop flashing.
It has been a very draining couple of months with car
care expenses, so I was very aprehensive. The
estimate was about $400.

After waiting two hours, I asked what was up. The
service guy said they had put in the new air bag wheel
sensor and that the codes were still flashing and that
they would have to "Check further".

I said," No. No check further, take out the new part,
put in the old and give me my car back. Further, it is
probably a diagnosis error and I want you to cut the
labor in half."

I paced in the parking lot in 90 deg heat for 45
minutes swearing, praying and wondering what to do now
that it appeared that we would never fix the car.
Indeed, God was dead. So....I said...

"Yo...God...if you are around, big guy, I would
appreciate some help here."

Ten minutes later, Sue called telling me she was
working late. I shared my total despair.

On the way home with the car, the cell phone rang.
Sue had some words from Laura from cardiology. Laura
said to fill the gas in the car to full and force all
the air out of the tank. She had heard on "Click and
Clack" that the sensors were so sensitive that this
could set them off. I filled it up. The blinking
lights on the airbag disppeared.

Does God live? Well.... I do know when we get
our best car care from cardiology, something is up.