Evansville Water: The Movie: Part 1

Audio/Video Evansville Schools Meetings

Seek the High Ground

The Book of Minutes

Search This Blog

Wisconsin Wit

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

"Never Underestimate the power of a Broom"

One morning when I was five yr. old, I went to my grandmothers apartment for toast---she had one of those toasters with the sides that manually flipped down----and I just loved raisen bread---it did require a special touch or you burned it. It was soo good.

While I was there, the oil burner man, from Holmen Oil in White Bear Lake came to fill the tank. When he was through, I heard a commotion in the front hall----it seems he had not told Nana that the price of oil had risen and had told her after the fact. She was just a little upset. She grabbed the broom and chased him out of the apartment.

Yes----with the distraction and all, the toast burned. I quickly unplugged the toaster.

I never have forgotten the scene that morn. When someone cheats you, have the self respect to fight for your rights---if you don't----nobody will.

Nana was so mild mannered. She did handle the broom pretty well though.

In these modern times, it is tough to get a broad sword like Zena Warrior Princess, or a laser or a samauri sword. Still....the broom is still available.

No comments:

Post a Comment