Evansville Water: The Movie: Part 1

Audio/Video Evansville Schools Meetings

Seek the High Ground

The Book of Minutes

Search This Blog

Wisconsin Wit

Friday, June 02, 2006

Memories of 18, or: Thoughts on the beach

The summer of my senior year of high school were the last months that I had the leisure of sailing. I owned an old Melgis C boat---named appropriately the "C-Wolf".

After I had done some daily lawn mowing and work at my summer employer, I usually took the boat out for a spin on White Bear Lake.

One of the things I pondered on during that summer was where were all the people who owned these fabulous homes and huge boats? There seemed to be no relationship at all between the pleasure of the lake experience and the size of the boat.

Indeed, I was amazed that I could have so much fun and alas all the others with the big boats were busy working to pay for them. It did not seem at all fair.

Their big boats seemed to own them. Not the other way around.