Evansville Water: The Movie: Part 1

Audio/Video Evansville Schools Meetings

Seek the High Ground

The Book of Minutes

Search This Blog

Wisconsin Wit

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

WATERCOOLER :Wayne speaks: "TIF, TIF, TIF .....Is it time to switch to corn?; On why industrial development or an ethanol plant might work?

( ed. note. Reprinted from Sept 1, 2005) The other night one of my neighbors stopped in and I was told he was waiting for me in the living room. Said he had something to talk to me about. Naturally, I was wondering what about. Only in Evansville could readers appear in person to voice their posts to my ears in person. Anyway.

Wayne (fictional name) a lumbering military type guy spoke up. " Well, " he said, "me and the neighbors have been talking it over, and we think we really need industrial growth in Evansville, like that ethanol plant in Milton. Let's welcome them here. Milton does not seem to want them much. TIF, TIF, TIF will give us some low paying jobs and make developers happy, but will do nothing for residents that need good jobs with benefits. We need the good jobs NOW.

"Further," he went on, "with the cost of energy going up, our resources in grain here in Evansville make us perfectly situated for an ethanol plant. It would be perfect."

So that's it. The voice mail WATERCOOLER for the day. What do you think? You make the call.