Evansville Water: The Movie: Part 1

Audio/Video Evansville Schools Meetings

Seek the High Ground

The Book of Minutes

Search This Blog

Wisconsin Wit

Monday, February 20, 2006

Automotive Corner: Observer Celebrates "Carstar"

This morning I took our 1996 Mazda in for some repairs to Utzig Collision Center in Janesville. They are part of the national "Carstar" network of collision centers that serve about 40 insurance companies nationwide. They fixed our Maxda after my wife hit a deer in December. Utzig "Carstar" has an appraisal office right here in Evansville in the Brown Seed Building. (Click on the post to see the national Carstar site.)

The Utzig collision folks on Court Street are the best folks I have ever dealt with in collision matters, and as I mentioned in a previous post, I have met quite a few during my days with American Family Insurance.

I may have mentioned the car-deer incident previously. Much of the accident claim form was filled with my wife's detailed description of exactly how the deer looked and felt at the moment of impact. At the end of the lyrical description, the claims adjuster said, "Ok, Mrs. Woulfe, now could you tell me if anyone else was injured?"

I had the pleasure of speaking to Mr. Utzig himself this morn, and mentioned that Evansville was just a little short in the automotive repair area at this time and that I would love to see one of his facilities here in Evansville. He smiled and said that it took about 1.5 million dollars to build a collision center and that the population density here was not enough to make the numbers work.

Anyway, I still love the folks at Utzing Collision Center. If you stop by, tell them The Observer sent you.

P.S. I am pleased to report that MY driving record is clear, valid and no restrictions. My dad did get one warning ticket back in 1955. It was for driving too slow. Seems the speedometer in the 1949 Buick Roadmaster was broken and the shocks were shot and to avoid my sisters car sickness he slowed down more than was needed. O.K. How about that for full disclosure?

No comments:

Post a Comment