Evansville Water: The Movie: Part 1

Audio/Video Evansville Schools Meetings

Seek the High Ground

The Book of Minutes

Search This Blog

Wisconsin Wit

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Althouse Corner: How Decisions are Made

Click on the post for the latest from the Althouse Blog on how decisions are made--most particularly complex decisions.

If you are a little older, you might have had the time to reflect--reflect on the decisions and choices you have made and the consequences of those decisions. If you go a little further though as to the complex decisions, you will be tempted to reflect on the "why" and the "how" of the decision.

I like to tell my daughters that it is like how a duck swims. " A duck just swims. A duck does not analyze how to move his feet. Go and do likewise. "

My readers may be surprised that The Observer would have such a simple approach, but I have had the chance to go back and review-----and if you would ask me to detail why I really liked that brunette girl at the sock hop when I was 13, I have no more of a clue now than I did then. And I do not seek to know. Being a duck is fine with me.

Cars are a different deal. I really liked Lincoln Towncars, but am able to be flexible now that they have consistently exhausted my AAA towing benefit. I was right about my quick purchase of a 1965 Mustang, but have been consistently wrong ever since. I am reverting to a more detailed analytical approach on cars. I will use the duck approach for everything else.

Click on the post for the full analysis by Althouse. Remember. If it's a difficult decision----don't think too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment