Evansville Water: The Movie: Part 1

Audio/Video Evansville Schools Meetings

Seek the High Ground

The Book of Minutes

Search This Blog

Wisconsin Wit

Monday, January 30, 2006

On Telephone

This weekend I had a chance to chat with some kids from around the world on telephone. I mentioned that the way telephone is bundled today, one can get internet plus DSL plus unlimited long distance for about $100 a month, and then to add cellular for a mobile family with three cell phones, it can add another $70 per month.

The kids just laughed. They said in Europe there is an internet only connection and then everyone uses cell for everything. When I talked to my telephone carrier today, I just told them I wanted the same deal they have in Europe. She laughed and said "Yes, I understand. It's not available here."

The numbers do not add up. Something must change. Maybe Vonage or the new internet telephone is the answer.

Anyone out there who has experience with the new internet telephone, feel free to offer thoughts on the comment line.

1 comment:

  1. We have Vonage and its great. Its fairly cheap with the same service's as SBC or Charter offer. SBC trys to screw people as much as possible. I think its great people have so many options for phone service. If you buy your start up equipment at places like Circuit city or Best Buy you can get your money back in the form of rebates.

    ReplyDelete