Evansville Water: The Movie: Part 1

Audio/Video Evansville Schools Meetings

Seek the High Ground

The Book of Minutes

Search This Blog

Wisconsin Wit

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Dateline Minnetonka, Mn.; Seniors recruited for Audio/ video of Common Council

For all the years that our family has forsaken the land of the frozen, or Minnesota, my mother-in-law has gently reminded me once in a while of the things that have been lost----like large lakes, sailboats, powerboats and yes many of the family outings.

I have been the best Packer fan I can. I have stoutly defended our warmer weather, the slower pace of our fair city, and have even defended our Lake Leota, that is till it was drained.

The ultimate blow came last week. My mother-in-law emailed me an ad from Minnetonka City Hall that recruited senior citizens to be the audio/video tech for taping all city council meetings for $10 per hour, with no training necessary. Yes.

So--with a wry smile, I simply responded. "I love doing the audio for The Evansville Observer so much, I gladly do it for free."

I simply cannot be lured back to those cold winters. I know the weather folks say that this is just in my head. I know better. There is a reason that my in-laws go to Florida each winter. They know too.

No comments:

Post a Comment