Evansville Water: The Movie: Part 1

Audio/Video Evansville Schools Meetings

Seek the High Ground

The Book of Minutes

Search This Blog

Wisconsin Wit

Friday, March 23, 2007

(Orig Post 9/2005) ------That Vision Thang; Or, Right Dreaming; Or, Separating Beef from Baloney

(Ed. note; This post goes back to Sept of 2005----some of the dream thang has seen some progress--the war has been another matter. Stay tuned.)

I've been thinking a lot lately about "that vision thang." You remember. Pres. George Bush Sr. was criticized cause he said going further into Iraq "wasn't prudent." We ridiculed him big time for being less than macho. He didn't have the vision thang.

His son, Pres. George Bush Jr. had the "vision thang." He was bold, forthright, and honest, not like his Democratic predecessor. Even if his dad told him Iraq would not be "prudent," son had the "vision thang."

Thinking back, it seems we have been real tough on our real visionary leaders---think of Pres. Jimmy Carter in his button down sweater, telling us to turn the lights off and turn the temps down and to get the alternative fuels program ready. We simply laughed at his vision thing, and are paying for our laughter today.

Even in Evansville, I occasionally have trouble with the "vision thang." As my readers know, I believe that the four walls of the house that is Evansville, are School, Library, Park, and Public Safety. Hence, I have urged a combined facility for EMS, Fire and Police. Maybe in some spare space. We have lots of it in the TIF district.

I have been reading Freud on Dreams, tring to get the dream just right. I have been thinking real hard about the objectives of Public Safety. However, no matter how meticulously I plan the sleep, I NEVER wake up with the dream of the Community Center in the Ceramic Shop, the Police in the Dean center, and the two ambulances of EMS packed right to the walls of the City Hall Basement.

Maybe one of my fellow bloggers can help me with the dream procedure. I must be doing something wrong! There is right thinking. I am just trying to have RIGHT DREAMING.

No comments:

Post a Comment