Evansville Water: The Movie: Part 1

Audio/Video Evansville Schools Meetings

Seek the High Ground

The Book of Minutes

Search This Blog

Wisconsin Wit

Friday, August 12, 2005

FCC deregulates DSL--- Obit for small ISP? Higher prices to come?

As many of you know, the word "deregulation" is not one of my favorites. Whether its phone, airline, stock market, electric utility or whatever, whenever I hear the word "deregulation'" I reach for my wallet as if a thief is about to strike.

So, when the FCC announced that it is deregulating DSL,( click on the post of the Cap times article,) it is unclear to me what it all means. Does this mean the death of small ISP's? Will we get more "value" in bundled services that we may or may not need and be forced to pay higher prices for internet access?

One of the small ISP's is Ticon, who is a reseller of DSL. The article suggests that the small ISP's will be forced out. Ticon declines comment.

I am curious as to what my tech savy readers who follow this might think of what this all means for the consumer down the line. You make the call.

No comments:

Post a Comment