Evansville Water: The Movie: Part 1

Audio/Video Evansville Schools Meetings

Seek the High Ground

The Book of Minutes

Search This Blog

Wisconsin Wit

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Elections Coming for Evansville; Observer announces Role

Formal deadlines for filing for Evansville city elections in April are approaching, as well as filing for local school board elections. My intentions are to remain neutral in the election, and position The Evansville Observer as a forum for issues to be debated and ideas exchanged.

In addition to hosting the on line forum, I would be open to being the moderator of a live debate if one is held and my services are requested. Also, I would be open to moderating a debate of high school students debating local issues, prior to the adult debate. I believe that it is very important for students to be informed of local issues, and to begin learning how to debate these issues in a respectful way.

There are folks who have debated on line in The Observer, who should be running for public office. I will be encouraging these folks to participate, although I will remain neutral. I want to see lots of healthy participation on all sides of issues.

I would urge folks to remember the graduation address of Heidi Garvin to the 2005 senior class. It ended with the encouragement to the graduates to "Be the change you want to see."

It is not enough to sit on the sidelines. You can have a seat at the table. You just need to pull up a chair.

The Evansville Observer

No comments:

Post a Comment