Evansville Water: The Movie: Part 1

Audio/Video Evansville Schools Meetings

Seek the High Ground

The Book of Minutes

Search This Blog

Wisconsin Wit

Friday, July 12, 2013

July Events at Creekside

Upcoming July events and programming at Creekside Place For more information please call 882-0407, visit us on Facebook, or at www.creeksideplace.org Tuesday, July 16- Yoga For Kids starts Tuesday morning 12:00 “Good Drugs Gone Bad” presentation by Jen Braun from B.A.S.E. Prescription drugs are lifesavers. But what happens when they outlast their usefulness. Jen will present a short discussion of how you can protect yourself and your family. Then stay for Senior Bingo afterward Wednesday, July 17- 9:00-12:00 Second Harvest- Would you throw away $16 a month. If you are eligible, FoodShare could give you monthly deposits to help with food purchases, freeing up money for bills, medications and other necessities. It’s easier than ever to apply and you can even get free, confidential assistance. Thursday, July 18 1:00 Our regular Diabetes Support Group meets. Deb Schiefelbein facilitates the discussion and she says, “I live in Stoughton, WI and I am a type 2 Diabetic. When I found out I was Diabetic I looked for a support group for myself, however was not able to find one that fit with my work. I decided to try to start one myself. That is how I came to teach one at Stoughton Hospital starting in 2011. I have the support of the Hospital in my group with help from the staff. I was asked a few months ago to teach here at Creekside Place and have had a few meetings already. We meet the 3rd Thursday of the month at 1:00P.M. This is a FREE support group welcoming all diabetics, family members, and support workers. I pride myself on always being there and being willing to go the extra mile to help. I feel that I have to treat my groups as I do my diabetes and always be there for it. Please feel free to stop by any 3rd Thursday of the month from 1:00 till 2:30 to meet me. 6:30 Drop in Band- Bring your instrument and enthusiasm and play with friends new and old Friday, July 19 & Saturday, July 20 Railroad Sesquicentennial Celebration streamliner.jpgFriday · Reception 6pm · Roundtable on Evansville RR History 7-8 Saturday · Open to the public at 9:30 · Model train discussion at 10 · Woodchucks start serving lunch at 11 · Telegraphy demonstration and discussion at 11:30 · Master Panel on the Future of Railroad in Rock County 1:30 Both Days · Model Train Displays showing the past in Evansville o Civil War Era Steam static display o Streamliner static display o Working Circus Train o Working Ag Train o G Scale Helix Working Display · Railroad Art & Memorabilia · Dave Fellow’s The Cutoff and Fellows Station will be for sale and Dave will sign copies Wednesday, July 24 8:30 Advantage U Wacky Wednesday – You’ve Been Slimed: register today! Thursday, July 25- 6:00 Books into Movies – The Natural-- How do books become movies? How does Hollywood shape The American Dream to suit its purpose? Join Creekside Place and Eager Free Public Library for the second in our Books to Movies discussions. EFPL has several versions of The Natural available to be checked out. Join us at 6 pm on July 25 for the movie version to be followed by a discussion of the works led by Megan Kloeckner. This program is free and refreshments will be available. ***************************************************************************** Friday, July 26 6:00 Creekside Place Dinner – Sign up now for a summer Italian dinner with friends. Cocktails at 6. Catered by Knutes Enjoy a light Italian Medley of Lasagna, Cheese Tortellini Alfredo, and Spaghetti with a Meatball. Top it all off with a refreshing sherbet for dessert. Cost is $19 for Creekside Place members and $22 for guests. Advance registration is required. 6:30-8:30 Family Bingo Wednesday, July 31 8:30 Advantage U Wacky Wednesday – Solving Mysteries with Science: register today! 1:00-3:00 Watercolor Workshop: register today! garage salepng.png

No comments:

Post a Comment