Evansville Water: The Movie: Part 1

Audio/Video Evansville Schools Meetings

Seek the High Ground

The Book of Minutes

Search This Blog

Wisconsin Wit

Monday, August 04, 2008

Daily Planet; Mpls: Alledged Brutality raises questions

In less than thirty days, about 50,000 folks are going to be traveling to St. Paul, Minneapolis to attend the Republican National Convention...and yes incidentally check on the possibility that Brett Favre might be in a Viking uniform. Anyway....the news that a citizen was beaten recently who also previously received a judgement of $150,000 against the Minneapolis Police force, has caused some observers to be wary of those that are going for the Convention---and raised questions in some minds whether some of those attending might be ready for a payday if some violence ensues. Click on the post for the full story.

Relax. There may be 50,000 protestors, but keep in mind that there will also be 15,000 media on either side of them filming---and yes as a blogger I will be filming, but I will be wearing a bright bulky orange and green sweat shirt that says Green Bay Packers on one side, and in bold letters, MEDIA on the other.

I do have an sheleleigh from Ireland I could take with me, but have chosen to not take it with me. It could be turned as a weapon against me.

Still. I just wonder whether the $150,000 would be considered taxable income or what. This could portend budget difficulties for the St. Paul Police force if they cannot control the crowd effectively....and peacefully. I guess that is why they have been working on the plan for about a year. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment