Evansville Water: The Movie: Part 1

Audio/Video Evansville Schools Meetings

Seek the High Ground

The Book of Minutes

Search This Blog

Wisconsin Wit

Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Mailbag: Frack Film Fest

FRAC FILM FEST BARABOO First Congregational United Church of Christ 6th Ave. at Broadway, Baraboo 7:00pm parking lot entrance popcorn and lemonade will be available (also, see OTHER MEDIA events below) Wisconsin has 100+ frac sand facilities--Pennsylvania has over 2,000 frac gas drilling wells. Some welcome the industry, for others it's a disaster. "Triple Divide" by Troutman and Pribanic, is a NEW RELEASE that is just beginning to work its way across the country. The film presents factual information about the process of frack gas drilling in clear images, and it documents favorable and unfavorable impacts on local communities near the Triple (continental) Divide in Pennsylvania. Great cinematography, awesome scenery, clear and factual -- make it not just informational but a pleasure to watch. SAMPLE LETTER FROM PENNSYLVANIA (see Huffington Post) I was offered a lease (I have about 7 acres) but refused it. I love my home, my land, my area, the animals, birds and fish living near me, and all living things on this planet. No matter how much money I would have been offered, I would never accept a lease to frack my land. Instead, I have been actively fighting against the abomination of fracking. The more I learn about it, the more horrified I am that our government is allowing the destruction of our country, the contamination of our water, air and land, the onslaught of the strangest diseases, the loss of traditional jobs, the increase in greenhouse gas emissions, the spreading of silica dust... the list goes on and on. In my opinion, the only reason fracking is being allowed in this country is that a few CEOs of the richest industries in the world are getting richer, and with their wealth, and the wealth of their companies, they are buying off our politicians. It's that simple. OTHER MEDIA: Fractivists are connecting across the country! JUST POSTED on youtube.com "Frackenstein: An Environmental Nightmare" Wanda Guthrie, with the Environmental Task Force of the Thomas Merton Center, is host of this 1-hour film that links frac sand mining in Wisconsin with frack gas drilling in Pennsylvania. Produced by Carlana Rhoten, filmed by Rich Fishkin Speakers: Edie Ehlert, Wisconsin

No comments:

Post a Comment