Evansville Water: The Movie: Part 1

Audio/Video Evansville Schools Meetings

Seek the High Ground

The Book of Minutes

Search This Blog

Wisconsin Wit

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Travel: The Minnetonka Mud----Coffee Cafe---Minnetonka, Mn.

 
Posted by Picasa


Many folks have written and wondered what the coffee house in Normal, Mn. looks like as in the Tales from Normal. The Minnetonka Mud Coffee House is as close as I have ever seen to an exact replica. It is a little like Possum Lodge with coffee, and without the man's pledge. There is a statue of "Mona" that everyone who comes in has to greet....and sometimes one even has to sing for your coffee....only on special days I am informed.

If you go out Hwy 7 West from Hwy 101 and keep going, you will run right into it. It is off Lake Minnetonka about 3 blocks. The local politicos sit outside in the morning and discuss issues....and local politicians come----in fact they are scheduled and have a huge calendar showing when they are coming.

I brought my own mug, which just happened to be a Caribou Coffee mug. The gal just smiled....then she put a "mud" sticker over the caribou emblem. It was against the rules to drink out of a Caribou mug....and I went with it.

As I was launching into my coffee, the older gentleman rose next to me on one crutch. A buddy asked, "Henry, where is your other crutch?" Henry just replied, "I have been trying to get by on just one."

I thought nothing of the conversation. Just banter among the guys, I thought. The old guy hobbled across the parking lot. Then he stopped at a motorcycle---and put the cane in the backpack and hopped on, started it up and roared off.

So. There it is. Strong Coffee. Independent boating types. Rugged. With Attitude.

Stop by if you are in Mpls. It is worth the trip. OH. By the way. Tell them The Evansville Observer sent you. Remember to hug the statue when you enter.

(I will post video of the visit later today.)

No comments:

Post a Comment