Evansville Water: The Movie: Part 1

Audio/Video Evansville Schools Meetings

Seek the High Ground

The Book of Minutes

Search This Blog

Wisconsin Wit

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Evansville Coach House Destroyed by Fire:

The beloved Coach House on East Main street was destroyed by fire early this morning about 1:30AM. Firefighters have been dousing the flames in difficult freezing conditions ever since. It is unclear where the fire started.

I chatted with Jeremy with the film crew of Ch 3, so expect some film from them. Also, Jeff Vrstal, who has an adjacent sign shop, Main Street Signs, said his business suffered some water damage but will survive. Jeff does have some photos of the structure engulfed, and I will post them when I receive them.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:51 AM

    As someone who was on the scene this morning a great big thank you goes to the All-In-One gas station for providing all of us with coffee, hot chocolate and many warm sandwiches. I think everyone should be aware of their contribution to the matter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:27 PM

    When I contacted channel3000 this morning they asked me if anyone had any video tape or photos of the fire. So, I'm putting it out there for those interested in helping and probably being paid for rights.

    ReplyDelete