Wednesday, December 14, 2011, 2 PM
- Call to order at 2:07 p.m.
- Roll call. Present: Berg, Farnsworth, VanDerHaegen. Guests: Sandy Decker, Jim Brooks; Todd Culbertson, Ed Francois, Sandy Larson, Dr. Jeff Richards, Paul Warren. Absent: Ardisson, Hamby.
- Motion to approve agenda: Farnsworth/VanDerHaegen. Unanimous.
- Minutes to waive the reading of the minutes of the November 9, 2011, meeting and approve them as printed. Farnsworth/VanDerHaegen. Farnsworth/VanDerHaegen. Unanimous.
- Introduction of ad hoc committee members:
- Citizen appearances. None.
- Update on tourism surveys from Sue Berg.
- As of Dec. 14, 130 total responses: 16 from visitors, 114 from residents. 13 visitor online surveys; 99 resident online surveys. Resident responses exceed standard 2% market response rate (100 responses), based on population of 5,012. Committee consensus recommends closing resident survey due to adequate responses.
- More visitor responses are desired. Target goal is 36. Berg will send updated news release to Evansville Review and Thrive newsletter, encouraging visitor participation. City and Chamber web sites will be asked to pull down resident survey and emphasize visitor survey.
- Tourism members will be emailed links to the online survey results.
- Tourism inventory sheets.
- Committee members listed additional tourism assets. Committee consensus was to continue adding items independently. Berg will update the inventory sheets, and email them to committee members. Inventory sheets are due to Berg Jan. 4.
- Other resources
- The Rock County Tourism Guide has been updated, and Berg proofread the relevant pages. Advertising opportunities: Brooks shared that the weather channel on Charter offers a one-year package with reduced rates for advertising on the crawl. Information will be forwarded to Berg. Berg is updating text and calendar information for the Rock County (tourism) Guide.
- Berg reviewed the first draft of the required tourism research summary.
- Set next meeting dates. The next meeting is set for 2 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 11, 2012.
- Motion to adjourn at 3:20 p.m. Farnsworth/VanDerHaegen.