Evansville Water: The Movie: Part 1

Audio/Video Evansville Schools Meetings

Seek the High Ground

The Book of Minutes

Search This Blog

Wisconsin Wit

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Nightmare: "The $1000 ice cream cone"

Tuesday night, after a long day of work and blogging afterwards, I was a litle overextended. And when I get overextended, I do tend to have dreams.

I had a very vivid dream that I went across to the local store to get an ice cream cone----two scoops with just my favorite ice cream. But when I was ready to pay, the clerk said, "That will be $1000." What a shock!!!!!

With the ice cream cone dripping in the heat, I rushed to ask why the huge cost--- the clerk explained that due to the stimulus program for dairy, the costs had gone to $1000....it really was only $500, but due to unexpected engineering and legal costs, it had doubled to $1000.

WOW. What a nightmare. I was beside myself on what to do. Then....

I just calmly handed the ice cream cone back to the clerk---with the soft cone dripping rapidly.

I awoke from the dream....and rushed down to McDonald's where I was very relieved----the cones were still just a dollar.

No comments:

Post a Comment