Evansville Water: The Movie: Part 1

Audio/Video Evansville Schools Meetings

Seek the High Ground

The Book of Minutes

Search This Blog

Wisconsin Wit

Friday, April 03, 2009

OpEd: Springtime is seeking time

Recently I had the oppurtunity to attend a local church for a Stations of the Cross Service on a Friday night in Lent---that even included a light meal after ---grilled cheese and soup--my favorite.

To my surprise the church was PACKED. In fact, the pastor asked each person to share a booklet so they would go around.

I do have to admit. All throughout the service I wondered what the deal was. Was it the grilled cheese and soup?

Then I went and checked traffic on the sermon site and found that in the past month, the traffic has tripled nationwide of folks listening in on local sermons. Then on TV I saw a story that churches all over the country are seeing an increase in Sunday attendance.

Seems that all across America, people are desperately seeking...some faith, some hope...and yes a little love would do also...and are looking for more than just growing jobs by shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment