Evansville Water: The Movie: Part 1

Audio/Video Evansville Schools Meetings

Seek the High Ground

The Book of Minutes

Search This Blog

Wisconsin Wit

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Nostalgia: Dreams of Being a Dive Rescue Professional

Well it has been a long time since I lived just a block or two from East Shore Dock in Mahtomedi on the shores of White Bear Lake....but even as a youngster, ever since one of the neighbor kids got cut by a motor propeller, and got rescued, I have wondered about the glory of being a dive rescue professional-----when the sirens went off, heading to the speedboat, donning the scuba gear and heading out to the rescue.

Well...it does take a lot of training---(click on the post for a sample training firm) but thank goodness there are lots of pros that can provide training and equipment---and then there is the ageold problem of getting fit enough to get my swimming legs back---and yes, as some folks have teased me about, whether there is 3xl scuba dive gear available.

I know I will just have to watch this time, and I will gracefully yield to those heroic folks of the EMS, and I do tip my hat off to them as they embark on the extensive training necessary----and of course the training of how to move from street clothes to scuba gear quickly. It sure should be something that a cub reporter does look forward to covering.

1 comment:

  1. Brian S10:20 PM

    I'm from Mahtomedi. Graduated 1982 Did everything on White Bear Lake from fishing, swimming, to even paddling out there on my rubber raft. Some of your neighbors would have been Beebes,Plasters, Barry, Gray, Soucheray.

    Brian S
    Our Mahtomedi Visions.com

    ReplyDelete