Evansville Water: The Movie: Part 1

Audio/Video Evansville Schools Meetings

Seek the High Ground

The Book of Minutes

Search This Blog

Wisconsin Wit

Friday, March 13, 2009

Reflection: Nostalgia: "Riding with the King" ; the song; the photoshoot; the walkable neighborhood


Some time ago, my brother, Denis, introduced me to the John Hiatt version of the BB King song, "Riding with the King." There sure are lots of versions of the song and you can see many of them on Utube.

In Panama City Beach, Florida recently there was a planned movie photoshoot at an upscale, very upscale walkable neighborhood, and the owners of the hotel there mentioned it to us that we might want to come to be extras etc. for the shoot. Wow. What an opportunity.

It was the event that never happened. Nobody showed up. There I was left to pose with Elvis...just the two of us to carry on the party.

It left me with the notion that walkable neighborhoods cannot be faked. There has to be an essential need for people to live in community, and not just an offshoot of some real estate con.

Most of the folks at our condo area were from Minnesota and Canada--hence I switched to my Minnesota hat. There are lots of parties for both Badgers and Gophers in Panama City----It was somethig I was not expecting.

Click on the post for on of my favorite version of "Riding with the King."

No comments:

Post a Comment