Evansville Water: The Movie: Part 1

Audio/Video Evansville Schools Meetings

Seek the High Ground

The Book of Minutes

Search This Blog

Wisconsin Wit

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

OpEd: 4th of July: The analysis: The gold standard

Nothing but volumes of praise for the many volunteers who made the recent 4th of July festivities possible. It was the perfect storm. Perfect weather. Perfect music combo. And fans that proved they could party till the end. Four days of music is big and Evansville fans proved they could go the distance. It may be that 2008 will go down in the record books.

I have taken some ribbing that the Observer coverage did not cover EVERYTHING about the Blooze Brothers concert and only covered the highlights. I plead that my film ran out after the second set. That is my story and I am sticking with it. And besides, I wanted to leave some of the story for the other media.

Thanks to Greg Ardisson who allowed me to video the highlights---and to the Blooze Brothers who gave a wonderful performance. I can still hear the parole officer singing "Chain, Chain, chain....." I was standing too close to the speakers. Remember the golden rule----always stay for the third set.....and always walk home. Only in Evansville can one easily do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment