Evansville Water: The Movie: Part 1

Audio/Video Evansville Schools Meetings

Seek the High Ground

The Book of Minutes

Search This Blog

Wisconsin Wit

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Successful AP Experience a Must for Top College entrance

Two years ago I visited our local high school one Saturday morning prior to school start and a then senior was overheard when asked what was happening said: "When I visit the colleges all they talk about is AP. I need some," he said.

Some time ago I visited Notre Dame and listened to the admissions director talk about the necessity for high challenge and AP courses to be in a high school students resume if they hope to enter Notre Dame. The average applicant has 4-6 of these AP courses----and has scored a 3 or higher. Click on the post for the video of the visit to Notre Dame.

I suggest that the road to a top school is completely blocked unless a student has this pattern of AP courses in their transcript.

No comments:

Post a Comment