Evansville Water: The Movie: Part 1

Audio/Video Evansville Schools Meetings

Seek the High Ground

The Book of Minutes

Search This Blog

Wisconsin Wit

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

"Sleepless Nights"----the poem

Ed.note: I found this short note wrapped up in a used Starbucks extra bold coffee cup lying in the gutter near the Wind Prairie. I have reproduced it without alteration.)


I'm
Losing
Sleep
over you
It must be
you
tossing
and
turning
I just
can't
sleep


I'm
losing sleep
over you
It Must
be
You
30 years have passed
I knew
you
well
but
It must
be
You


My heart
is breaking
over
you
It must be
You
Night after
Night
dreaming of
sleep
My heart is
breaking
over
you

My Wife
isn't
wondering
about you....
Sleep
loss and
heart
disease.....
It can't
be you
It must
be the
wind turbine
next door

No comments:

Post a Comment