Evansville Water: The Movie: Part 1

Audio/Video Evansville Schools Meetings

Seek the High Ground

The Book of Minutes

Search This Blog

Wisconsin Wit

Sunday, December 24, 2006

"The Christmas Story"---a true story

Some years ago, I had the pleasure of being a computer salesman in a retail store. It was a cold and snowy Christmas Season, and as of December 15th, I had not seen the surge of Christmas Shoppers that I had expected. Then it happened.

One night right before closing, a young man entered the store and announced, " I am looking for a computer to give my child for Christmas."

"Alleluia," I silently exclaimed.

"Well " I said, "What are you looking for?"

" I want nothing but the best for my child," he replied.

So, I went and showed him the very best computer I had. I told him of the need for extra ram memory and also why a super resolution graphics card could be a big plus for him.

He was enthusiastic.

"I like what I see," he said. "I want the best."

I then went over monitors, and explained why a child might like a larger monitor so if several kids were playing at the computer, both could comfortably see the screen.


"I want the best," he exclaimed. "That high res. one looks best."

Then I happened to be playing a space rocket game and showed him how the high quality joy sticks worked and why they were expensive, but well worth it.

He tried his hand at the controls, and was impressed. " I want the best joy sticks you have."

I carefully wrapped all the equipment up and containing my excitement processed his Mastercard------it was approved. Bravo! It was the largest sale I had ever made. In my mind, I began ordering Chinese from the neighborhood restaurant for a special treat for the family.

Then I helped him load the equipment into his car.

"Merry Christmas," I exclaimed. "And by the way, how old is this lucky child of yours?"

"Two months," he said, "But he'll grown it. I want nothing but the best for my child. "

No comments:

Post a Comment