Evansville Water: The Movie: Part 1

Audio/Video Evansville Schools Meetings

Seek the High Ground

The Book of Minutes

Search This Blog

Wisconsin Wit

Friday, October 19, 2012

Anniversary of 1986 Stock Market Crash Noted

This morning on all the business talk shows, memories are being shared about the stock market crash of 1986. I well remember it because I was a broker during the crash. Lets compare and contrast. One of the things I remember on that day, is how much i wish that I had some "hedge" for all the conservative investments that my clients had...and since I was located in the rust belt, middle USA, where most were God fearing and risk averse, there were few clients if any that had even thought of a hedge. There were no bear hedge ETF funds. Few knew of the options uses for hedging. In short...there was just fear available. Now lets flip forward to today. As a conservative investor has your broker advised or recommended any hedge against a crash for your investments? Make a note of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment