Evansville Water: The Movie: Part 1

Audio/Video Evansville Schools Meetings

Seek the High Ground

The Book of Minutes

Search This Blog

Wisconsin Wit

Monday, February 25, 2008

Washington Post: "Saying is Believing"

Click on the post for an interesting article with a bit on psychology of national politics.....and yes local too.

One of the follow up questions to this article, is what responsibility the press has to get beyond the "Saying is Believing" rhetoric and examine whether the rhetoric is reflective of the facts.

When my girls were younger, they would play "dress ups." After extensive wardrobe work, they would usually show off their creation and announce to me "Look Dad, I am Cinderella," or maybe they would say, "Look Dad, I am Snow White." I would always respond patiently to their marketing efforts, "Yes Dear, very well done." They would know, and I would know the inner secret reality----

I never went to the press with their pronouncements or published their assertions of being Cinderella....or Snow White. That would be such bush, or green journalism.

Recently, however, when national political heros announce things, and for that matter LOCAL political heros announce things, such as "We are a wonderful Green community"......it brings back the old days of make believe.

And I just respond, "Yes Dear, very well done."

No comments:

Post a Comment