Evansville Water: The Movie: Part 1

Audio/Video Evansville Schools Meetings

Seek the High Ground

The Book of Minutes

Search This Blog

Wisconsin Wit

Monday, December 22, 2008

Mailbag: Dream: What to do with the empty GM Plant

(ed note: a reader had a dream about the GM plant and sent it our way.)

The clock has finally struck midnight on GM in Janesville, now what to do with the buildings that are glaring reminders of the past. I have my thoughts, I wonder if anyone else was thinking the same thing?

As far as future plans for the GM plant, since they accepted the public's money, the city of Janesville should be able to have use of the facilities.

I think a Willy Wonka experience theme park is a guilty pleasure all of us would love. I bet the city could hire Milwaukee native Gene Wilder as a Tour Guide. Then, with all the leftover robotics and tooling, a new and improved Wonkavator could be constructed for the premium tour patrons.

Since Janesville would need to get the word out about this new theme park, why not a throwback golden ticket contest for the chance to be the first people to go on the tour. I'm thinking, put them in the property tax bill. It sure would be nice to feel like Charlie Bucket did when you open that envelope! The city of Janesville and Rock county for that matter, need something to get excited about.

I'm not sure what to do about the Oompa Loompas, I think Verne Troyer or Wee-Man would fill the void, if not, what's Danny Devito done lately?

I have a bad feeling that without this theme park there will be a lot of Grandpa Joe's and Grandma Josephine's, pre-golden ticket, in the Janesville area. This is my dream, but most of all, I bet old Slugworth would give his false teeth to have an chance at having a theme park.

"There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you'll be free if you truly wish to be."

No comments:

Post a Comment