Evansville Water: The Movie: Part 1

Audio/Video Evansville Schools Meetings

Seek the High Ground

The Book of Minutes

Search This Blog

Wisconsin Wit

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

8 1/2

Whenever I read the number 8 1/2 my mind wanders back to my freshman year in college. It was the dreaded Freshman English and the assignment was to write a film review of an "enriching" film, on a list presented by the instructor. Waiting till the last minute, I decided to see Frederico Fellini's "8 1/2".

As I left the theatre, I was just a little upset. Not by the film. But by the fact that I did not have a clue what the film was about. It was like no other film I had ever seen. That is understatement.

I have titled this post "8 1/2" because that is the time period that we in Evansville will have to wait till any new subdivisions are planned or annexed. So....It is important that citizens stay fit and trim so they can wait the 8 1/2 years and celebrate at that time----and not before. I have been doing my best to bike each day so that.....after 8 1/2 years, in 2014, I will be ready to raise my hands and clap for joy for the next developer proposal for the increase of housing for Evansville.

In the meantime, this is notice that at the next Evansville Planning Commission meeting on October 2, two ordinances that provide for impact studies...of traffic and of population....might appear on the agenda. These ordinances are logical extensions of the speech of Doug Zweizig (click on the post for the original speech on June 15, 2005) and go to the very heart of community planning and development.

Plan on attending.

Remember. In Evansville Beauty is not just skin deep...It goes clean clear through to the bone. Ditto for Planning.

1 comment:

  1. Excuse me if this sounds ignorant, as I am a new homeowner and resident to Evansville, but.. don't we have enough houses? Everywhere I go I see a house for sale. What gives??

    ReplyDelete