Evansville Water: The Movie: Part 1

Audio/Video Evansville Schools Meetings

Seek the High Ground

The Book of Minutes

Search This Blog

Wisconsin Wit

Friday, September 10, 2010

Memories of the World Trade Center

As a young man, I had the opportunity to work in the securities business...and I remember just like it was yesterday, the celebration at the top of the World Trade Center in the circular restaurant with all my fellow brokers...and the whole world of the World Trade Center, where the rest rooms came complete with butlers that had warmed hand towels....but I digress....

On the 24th floor on the way up that night, I noticed that a famous bond trading firm had their headquarters there...and I made a mental note of it that that would be the dream...to be a successful bond trader and work in the World Trade Center.....

It was not to be....and years later as I watched the World Trade Center crash in flames, it did occur to me that I was a lucky guy indeed to not get every dream that I had wished for......but my heart went out to those on that floor that died in the flames.....

No comments:

Post a Comment