Evansville Water: The Movie: Part 1

Audio/Video Evansville Schools Meetings

Seek the High Ground

The Book of Minutes

Search This Blog

Wisconsin Wit

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Wall Street Faces Long Hot Summer

In another month, investors will be getting their six month report from their investment advisors. 2005 began with the S&P 500 Index at 1210 and today it is at 1193.86. There is no joy in zero returns for anyone.

Thus, it is no surprise that the USA today on Tuesday, May 24, 2005 is reporting a large rise in interest in real estate investment clubs by the general public. It does appear that the public is voting with their feet and it is away from financial investments into cold hard real estate.

My brother and I have a standard routine on investment in the summer. He always calls and asks what is hot. I tell him "bathing suits." Volume is always low in the summer on Wall Street and many of the players are away at their summer homes. This year one must wonder since the public is getting tired of zero returns whether it may be hotter than ever and slower than ever on Wall Street. What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:07 PM

    I think that I should buy stock in Jensen. I also think that my next real estate investment will be far far from here. Matter of fact I am certain of it.
    When the bubble bursts it will take Evansville with it.
    Bottled water would be a great investment strategy, god knows there is enough hot air around here.

    ReplyDelete